Saturday, April 8, 2006

Sabbatical, skeptics and prose...

Hi all,
Life is returning to a somewhat normal pace although most of my time after work is taken up with organizing the house plus regular housework, bills, shopping, etc.

It was soooo nice to actually sleep in a bed again after two weeks of sleeping on mattresses on the floor. Our bedroom suite is gorgeous although the room is far from finished. It still needs pictures and some furniture for my sitting/reading area but in due time. So many visions of what I want done but totally lack the decorator bone....swear mine is the size of a hamster rib!!

The office is a disaster right now because once again it's become the dump zone by Hal....grrrr!! Then he says "I hope your office isn't a mess like the other place, it would be nice to have a functioning office." "Hal, give me time to go through all the boxes that were put in there, it's not just office stuff as you know!" In my head the response was "If you nag me one more time about the mess the office is in you'll find yourself to be the FIRST HUMAN PRETZEL IN TOWN!!" However, I refrained but the look and tone of my response gave him the message to drop it and give me time to get other stuff organized that I consider priority.

Skeptics...don't know why I added that other then it kinda sounded good, lol.

~Prose~
Here's a little something I wrote one day on the way to Terrace. I was missing Dad terribly and a Don Williams song came on the radio and I really missed our talks. Dad and I could talk about anything and everything and i'm talking anything! He never judged and always really listened. Mom was always sidetracked with her own thots or whatever was on tv so it was refreshing to be able to really be heard.

It's nothing spectacular or amazing, just words that came from my aching soul that day..

Wishing I could call Heaven, ext. Dad

I call home
The line's picked up but no connection's made.

There's a lot of static and noise,
but no connection made.

I miss the calls of days gone by;
the patience and wisdom on the other end of the line.

Lord I wish I could call Heaven, extension Dad.


Love you Dad and hope the fishing is as good there as Canim Lake. Hope Walter's still giving you the run though, wouldn't want you to hook him that easily!

Until next time take care of yourselves, keep smiling and always remember to laugh.
Pen

3 comments:

Sharijoy said...

You are such a beautiful soul and your dad done good by you!!! I would of loved to met the man who shaped you!! hugs and kisses he lives on in YOU!!!

Jenny said...

That is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing. I am reminded of that scene from "the lion king" where Simba wants to see his dad and Rafiki takes him to the river and lets him look at his reflection and Rafiki says something to the effect that he's alive in you.

Pen said...

Thanks guys. Dad was human and had his faults but he was still such an amazing man. I love my Mom too but the connection was never the same, always felt like I never measured up.