Monday, April 24, 2006

Things aren't always what they seem

After posting the 10 things that bring happiness and thinking back to drifting around the lake and enjoying the sun a very funny memory came back.

Hal and I always took a cooler with us full of cold drinks, stuff for lunch and sometimes even for dinner depending on how good the fishing was. Well I was making us sandwiches when the knife went skittering across the top of the cooler and fell on the floor of the boat between Hal's feet. I bend over the cooler, bend further to reach for the knife and we hit some waves. I'm trying to get my balance and my head is bobbing up and down and my butts in the air.

Well we hear this cheer and hooting coming from another boat when we realize what it must have looked like! Even though it wasn't that at all I swear my face went 50 shades of red but oh wow did we laugh our asses off. I'll have to ask Hal if he remembers that particular fishing trip!

I hope this is Hal and I in the years ahead...

4 comments:

Jenny said...

That's too funny!!!
I hope that's Scott and I in the future! We'll have to plan a fishing trip, you, me, and Shari and our hunnies sometime in the next couple of months on the riverbank!!

Tall tales said...

Penny
That was funny, you must of been so embarrest...you poor thing.

Tanya said...

Oh my goodness...ha ha ha. I can only imagine how you must of felt. I would have been pretty red myself.

Sharijoy said...

Hal should of given the all thumbs up sign..... TOO FUNNY!!!