Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Why do we do this to ourselves...or is it just me?

I'm having a Pampered Chef party tonight and i'm so excited to entertain.....live for it in fact and wish we did more of it. However, that is part of my issue. I know my friends don't come to judge how clean my house is or isn't but I get panicky and stress about it being clean. I don't want anyone to think that Hal and I are pigs and don't care about our home.

I know this stems back to visits from his Mom and Grandma. They wouldn't say anything to your face but didn't have a problem telling the rest of the family. The kicker is that our house was never messy there either but it seemed like they weren't happy unless they made you unhappy or were complaining about something. When Hal and I renovated our kitchen all freaking hell broke loose!! Well we were just going to make a mess of it, we couldn't possibly know what we were doing, etc. The end result was one very bright, clean and more to our liking kitchen and they all liked it too.

Anyways, back on topic. Last night I got a call that work was changed from morning shift to afternoon and that put me into panic mode. OMG, I had planned on coming home from work early afternoon and vacuuming, scrubbing floors and do a tidy up on the bathroom. Well I was up until 2 in the morning putzing around and managed to organize the pantry a bit better, cleaned the office, guest bathroom and bedroom and got a load of dishes through the dishwasher. Now this seems like a lot but it was just little odds and ends that i'd been procrastinating and got them done.

I'm not stressed now but it frustrates the bejeezus outta me why I let myself get turned inside out over really little shit. OCD MUCH!!!!

Going to have fun tonight regardless of what happens. The weather isn't very agreeable so not sure if Carla will make it in from Terrace for the party. If not, well there's a bottle of tequila, a lime and some snack stuff....PARTY AT PENS!!!



.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

You sound just like me...I'm starting to ease up around certain people, but still my first reaction when someone stops over is "don't mind the mess"...ughh...
I am trying to work on this.
Hope the roads are fine...tequila and lime...Whoa you pampered chef people know how to have a party!!!
Have fun!!

Jenny said...

I just realized you changed your background colour...looks great.
I honestly don't know people that change their blogs look more than you, Shari and I. Obviously we like change!!LOL

sheila b said...

I'm so the opposite! I never worry about a little dust :) Cheyenne on the other hand is so picky. It's not like the president is coming over. Have fun & relax. Most people don't really pay attention to those things. Not unless you have some under roos on the floor-KWIM

sonja said...

oh my gosh, it's sheila!!! *big waves* good to see you. hope you are doing well. :)

Sharijoy said...

Hey pen... I can't see the right side of your blog anymore....not sure if its just me or everyone...you'll have to ask Jenny to check it out!!

Jenny said...

I can't see the right side either.

Pen said...

k, that should have fixed it. Just had to play with the width of the sidebar and the main body.

Thanks gals!

Pen