Thursday, February 1, 2007

Today

Feeling a bit better now and just waiting for the back pain to go away. The good thing is it's not as intense and i'm finally able to walk around a bit more without feeling like it's going to shatter. Peeing constantly howevever is a real piss off! Man it feels like i've taken up residence in the bathroom but i've noticed lots of little things during my stay there. For instance, there are 16 holes that will need filled and sanded before we paint, the baseboards need cleaned, there is not one but two cobwebs on the back wall, the base of the cabinet has some marks and needs some paint touch up and I really, really do not like the towel holders or the flipping toilet paper holder in there.

Not sure if it's the inspiration of Shari and Jenny doing so much with their homes but the last two weeks i've been thinking a lot of the little jobs that I want to get done around the house. I love having a pantry but it's not completely functional and I don't like that you see things. I love the wire shelves as long as things stay stacked neatly but my honey is not really patient enough to take the time to put things back where I had them so it's turned into a real mess again.

I'd like to have baskets to put my potatoes and onions in, a cupboard or some hidey place for the cookbooks and the shelves under the counter in there are a fright!!

The big project is the entryway but that will depend on what happens in our community with the district and our big employer.

I love our house and really want to focus on making it a homey home. A place where people can walk in and feel at ease.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Your house is homey and comforting! Let me know if you ever need help painting. I'd love to help!
Glad you're starting to feel better!!!

Sharijoy said...

hey girl glad you are feeling better.....your house is homey and comfy already..... and when you are ready to take on the pantry call!! glad you didn't spend any time in my bathroom....hate to see the list that you would of come up with in my bathrooms!!!

Sharijoy said...

hey girl glad you are feeling better.....your house is homey and comfy already..... and when you are ready to take on the pantry call!! glad you didn't spend any time in my bathroom....hate to see the list that you would of come up with in my bathrooms!!!