Monday, February 26, 2007

Bubbles, bubbles and more damned bubbles!


okay so the reno in the bathroom is going okay...it did seem really good until about 20 minutes ago. The Debbie Travis paint we have is BUBBLY!!!! You have to roll and roll and roll it out. If not then it looks like a billion tiny bubbles have popped. It did this with the primer and they told us it could be a cheap brush so today I bought another brush for us to try. Lo and behold the paint is also bubbly. When I called Canadian Tire they said there's a possibility it could be paint that had been previously frozen! This brings to mind Jenny talking about the problem matching the paint colour and them telling her the same thing.

I think Canadian Tire should let all their customers know ahead of time there is a possibility the paint could have froze! Needless to say Canadian Tire will be getting a phone call from me tomorrow and next time i'll go back to the tried and true Benjamin Moore.

Enough of a bitch session about paint....off to blow more bubbles!
Pen

3 comments:

Jenny said...

That just peeves me to no end!! They ended up fixing our paint and I just assumed they removed all the paint from the shelf.
Unreal...make sure you talk to the same person I did...but approach her cautiously...(LOL...I'll email you her name if you want)

Pen said...

Please do Jenny. I'm so upset and Hal insists on finishing with the paint so I told him he has to roll, roll and roll some more until he doesn't hear the bubble popping sound.

Anonymous said...

i'm confused. who buys paint from a tire store? that might be the first problem ... LOL!
(i kid, i heart's ya!)