Friday, March 3, 2006

Okay, here we go again!! Perhaps it's not just the cold keeping me awake at night, I think insommnia is back with a vengeance. 8:30 tonight it was all I could do to stay awake but managed to until 10:30 p.m. Sleep came fast but woke up at 11:45 feeling like it had been an entire nights sleep and shocked that it was only 11:45, surely I messed up the settings on the night stand clock. Been there, done that but not a chance. Lay in bed until 12:30 and think this is crazy stuff..wth am I doing awake?

From childhood on if something was bugging me (whether I knew it or not) I could be awake all night long. It was Dad who decided that drawing or writing during these times would be good, well stick men was the extent of drawing skills and I found solace in writing. Even though what's got my thinker thinking may not come out on paper, or now on the computer, it helps.

Some things i'm sure contributing to this sudden nightowl behaviour are:

New home and the move
Work situation
Missing my sister and nephews terribly right now
Will the left and right nostril ever work together again (had to throw some humour in their or I was gonna cry)
Landlord is like ExLax, he irritates the crap out of me and can't wait to be done with him

k, going to make some Wildberry tea and try to unwind a bit more.
Blog on,
Pen

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I get like that too. If something's on my mind I can't get a good night's sleep. I've been missing my sister terribly as well. We usually talk every second night but she's so busy with work and her life. She's 5 years younger so I can live vicariously through her younger ways!
I hope you got a good night's sleep!!!

Sharijoy said...

I'm the opposite Pen... when somethings bugging me all I do is sleep... all night... all day... it takes a near miracle to get me up and moving!! you'll figure it out!! I'll give you hugs tonite that always helps!! Get better!! I miss our morning dates!!

Jenny said...

I'm going to come in on Sunday. We should go for a walk? Coffee???