Thursday, April 3, 2008

Milestone #1 has been reached

This wonderful adventure of weight loss continues to astound me and today I reached major milestone# 1 of losing 25 lbs! The big secret so far is that i'm M O V I N G!!

I walk briskly 4 to 6 times a week for at least 25 to 30 minutes. Sometimes Laura and/or Jackie are with me or I just get out and go alone. Joanne wants to join in so i'll be sure to call her tonight to let her know.

At home i'm no longer plunking down in front of the tv surfing the net. I allow myself 1 hour a day during the week to surf. This is after working all day, coming home and feeding the dogs, getting dinner going, a walk and usually a household chore or two. Last night I did a bunch of filing which didn't include a lot of physical activity but gave me a sense of calm when it was all done. Then it was time to play online for a bit.

This weekend I hope to pick out a paint colour and paint the spare room and get it set up before Mom and Doug come at the end of May. Sounds like a lot of time but it's not with working full time.

Hal and I both have Sunday off together so if it's a really nice day we're going to clean windows in the morning and then tackle some yardwork in the afternoon. It's silly but i'm so excited to get out and get the chainsaw going!

Back to the grindstone..

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulation Penny!!! Keep up the good work!!