Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sick and tired..

well the title pretty much sums up how i'm feeling. Going to vent here a bit but want to start off saying that I am fortunate to have a hubby who helps out but HELLO, LIKE I WANT TO SPEND MY TWO DAYS A WEEK OF DOING HOUSEWORK!?!?!?!

I don't think it's unreasonable at all to want to get someone in at least once a month to help get stuff done that I don't get to on a regular basis. Vacuuming, laundry, dishes and cleaning bathrooms I can handle but what about cupboards (fronts, insides and tops), wiping marks off the walls and cleaning the entryway walls, windows, mirrors (almost every freaking room here has full size mirrors), doors (the little grooves collect dust and everytime I'm sitting in the loo thats what's staring at me).

The nicer weather is here and I would much rather be outside trimming back trees, rebuilding flower beds and helping Hal paint the deck and fence.

Not only am I frustrated with the domestic duties expected but of being ill. It hasn't been anything serious once but a bunch of sniffle episodes without becoming a full blown cold, general feeling of malaise, tired, etc. Dr. assures me that it's my immune system not quite being up to par but strong enough to prevent anything from developing fully. This last week has been one prolonged week of yuck. Chest cold thingy Hal brought home, then upset stomach and night of hugging the porcelain bowl, this morning I was literally pissing out my butt (sorry if tmi)and could not get a window open fast enough.

I'm not sure if any of you have watched Dumb and Dumber but the bathroom scene after drinking a spiked with laxative drink is pretty much what it was at our home! I swear this is the first time i've ever repeated Hal with saying "DO NOT GO IN THERE!!"

Anywho it passed quick and I was able to go outside and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine with Shari, Kali and Parker for an hour. Tonight will be spent putting away laundry and then kicking back on the couch.

...............deep sigh, don't feel much better after venting but Thanks for reading.

I will end this with a positive note and am sure the flu played a part in a couple lbs loss but i've passed my 7 lb weight loss goal for the month. I've actually managed to lose 11 lbs total. The goal is to still lose 7 lbs a month even if there is extra on the odd month. I put on some clothes from last summer and was shocked to see that they are too big but in the same breath was actually quite proud of the accomplishment so far this past two months. 23 lbs off and feeling a difference now, can't wait to actually see it in appearance.

G'night all, may be back later for Meal planning.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I feel the same way about the housework. I did a bit of spring cleaning last week,but you wouldn't know!! I finally got my laundry put away, I have so much yard work to start...I can't even think about it!!
Argghhhh...
Hope you start to feel better!!
That is amazing about your weight loss Penny. Mine is offically at a stand still. It's all my fault though...Kfc, Boston Pizza and ears and asses off of an easter bunny don't do anything good for you!!
Tomorrow I am offically starting over!! LOL...how many times have I done this!!
Can't wait to see you again!
TTYL
:)

BluEyedFool said...

hehehehe, you crack me up with the ears and asses off the bunny! Jenny, you are part of the inspiration you know. Seeing the change in you last year and really wanting this now for me has given me the kick in the ass that was needed.

I can't wait to physically see the change though. I'm doing it in the 7 lb steps because that is attainable but the overall picture is what has me excited, lol.

Wishing you well, don't beat yourself, you have and you will!!

SueakaNana said...

hi Penny I am with you, you and Hal both work just get someone in once a week or so to help with all the crappy jobs like you were talking about, omg you poor thing, i laughed pissing out your bum. don't ya just hate that, i love your poem. hehe. so true, enough already right. hope you are both well again. take care Hugs from moi, sue

BluEyedFool said...

I think we will look into someone coming in once or twice a month to give us both some sanity.