Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Organizing, decluttering and painting

Okay so my Mom and Doug are coming here the end of May and my goal is to have decluttered, organized and painted the spare room. It's white, uninviting and not very cozy at all!!

I'm currently looking at paint colours online and we've got a duvet cover with browns, beige and an orangey, yellow colour in it...any ideas??

For me decluttering is totally separate from organizing. First I go through everything and ask "Have you used this at all in the last year? Do you see yourself using this at all in the next 3 - 6 months?" If the answer is no then it goes in the 'Sally bin'.

This year I may keep some of the better items and have another Garage sale. Lord knows Shari and I had a pretty successful one last year. We both pocketed some good change for stuff that otherwise would have been discarded.

Be back later..

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Post your duvet online.
If you have anything you want to get rid of, I'd take it off your hands. We're going to be doing a garage sale for Gwen at some point, a fundraiser for her adoption.

SueakaNana said...

hi penny love the profile shot of you gee you look great in green have a great easter, ttyl

Sharijoy said...

hey you soooooo whats the plan for the room? I'm excited! moving over the computer room or not yet!