Sunday, March 9, 2008

Meal Plan Monday


Here's this weeks meal plan and it's hopefully a bit healthier so I can reach the March 7 lb goal....3 down 4 to go although drinking this weekend will no doubt have me gain one or two.
Visit OrgJunkie for other menu ideas and recipes.

Monday: Grilled chicken, spinach salad and pasta primavera
Tuesday: Pork kebabs (peppers/mushroom/onion) with brown & wild rice
Wednesday: Steak, baked potato (with salsa) and a garden salad
Thursday: Spaghetti with turkey meatballs in veggie tomato sauce & whole grain garlic toast
Friday: Homemade pizza on whole grain crust, low fat cheeses, greek salad
Saturday: Chicken fajitas and salad (need to find a complementary salad...any suggestions?)
Sunday: Roast beef, mashed potato, broccoli and carrots

Wow, better get shopping tomorrow and Bon Appetit all!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about drinking and the weight gain. We have lots of social events and it has showed on the waist line.

Anonymous said...

A black bean, tomato, and avocado salad with a lime vinaigrette(a little tomato, cilantro, lime juice, grated lime rind, cumin, garlic, oil and vinegar all blended up) might be good to go with your fajitas, though it might be redundant depending on what's in your fajitas! You could also just do a green salad with the vinaigrette.

Connie said...

Your menu looks great! I have tried using ground turkey in place of beef a few times and DH didn't like it.

As far as drinking. Wine treats me better than beer does. So now I'm a WINO!! LOL!

Have a wonderful week!

Unknown said...

I love your photo of you and your guy. You look so happy!
Have a terrific and yummy week.

Jenny said...

Hey Pen, I'm playing around with my blog as well....lost all of my links...sheesh...

Jenny said...

Your blog looks fantastic!

Jenny said...

Love your label cloud!! That's so great.