Monday, April 16, 2007

Updates on odds n' ends

Thought i'd better come back and do some updates!

The Pampered Chef party was quite successful. Socializing with friends, enjoying good food and shopping.....where can you go wrong, lol!!

Puppy News
We're still waiting for news of a breeding and fingers crossed that there is a puppy to join our family this year!

Health
I've taken myself off all medications, herbs, etc. to let my body just be for awhile and focusing more on healthier food choices, exercising regularly and doing more research on a holistic approach. Since then i've actually gotten a period on my own and my blood pressure has dropped to a normal range (obviously raised by the meds I was on) and have managed to lose a few pounds (water i'm sure but it's a loss).

Home
The main bathroom is pretty much finished other then some small decorating and finishing touches. Hal's in the shower right now so i'm not going to take pics to post just yet but they'll follow.

It's such a wonderful feeling having the house and turning it into our home by adding personal touches. We were very lucky to have found a house already updated so it was really a matter of picking colours, home decor and appliances.

We're anxiously awaiting the nice weather so we can paint the deck, fence and get the spring yardwork done.

Drift Boat
We leave Wednesday afternoon for a marathon drive to Montana where we'll get the boat. Hal and I realized we pass through Lethbridge and will be stopping there to see his cousin Linda. It's been quite some time since they've seen each other and are looking forward to catching up.

Laura will be staying here to watch the house and our furbabies so that's a relief!

Personal
Focusing on believing in myself again, knowing what I am capable of doing and not allowing others to have me question it. Breaking free of the comfort zone and looking out for what's best for me. Now don't get me wrong here, i'm not out to wreak havoc or do this at the expense of others.

We are anxiously awaiting Parkers birth and wish Shari a very safe and speedy delivery. Keeping Shari, Doug and the babes in our prayers!

It's been good for the soul to get out and socialize more too. This past month has been filled with lots of it and so enjoyable to be around so many wonderful people. A few of these have been: pre pampered chef party, pampered chef party, Easter dinner with Shari, Doug and Kali, Craft Fair and then Jenny's on Saturday! All in one months time frame....ahh, the heart is a smilin!

Enough for now and think that's pretty much covered it.

5 comments:

joni said...

That was such a great post Pen!
Saturday night will keep me laughing for sometime...

jetboy said...

It has been nice to get out and about!! I may not to be able to as much in the next lil while!!LOL

jetboy said...

Oh thats me Penny....Shari Doug must of been signed in

Jenny said...

Great post Pen! I always love hanging out with friends. We need to do it more.

Christy said...

This was a great post! It was really nice to meet you the other night! Nice to put a face to the name finally!!