Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Today

So i'm moving past the last post and striving to be better to myself. It is I who is responsible for who and what I am. There are things that i've only talked to very close friends about that I won't post here. But I will say "Thank You!!" dear friends for letting me just talk and be free to discuss these sometimes silly thoughts and feelings.

I've been trying harder to stay in touch with friends and being more social in outings. Saturday I went to Shari's for dinner and a movie and it was wonderful. I knew I was missing her but realized just how much. There is a group of us who are going to a dinner theatre here next week and i'm looking forward to it. Laura and I are going to have dinner and then meet up with the rest of the wonderful ladies for the play after.

Laura and I are going to Vancouver in February and while she's doing what she's going for my dear friend Rhonda is coming down from Kelowna to hang out with me. There was a time a few years back when Dad was dying that I internalized a lot of stuff and was finally able to talk to Rhonda about it and that felt good. I can't wait to see her in person again and give her a big hug. You see we've been through a lot her and I and we've both become better, stronger people for it. We used to have these marathon coffee's and all night talks....literally it could be 3 or 4 in the morning...even sitting on the bridge in downtown Kamloops...and we'd still be talking...heck we used to hang out in either of our driveways and continue talking. We talked about our pasts, present, future, dreams, goals, heartaches and just silly stuff.

I was fortunate when I moved to Kitimat to have met Sharon and Laura, they were my first two really good friends here and are like sisters to me as well. Then I met Shari and she's joined the ranks as family in my heart. I love my Mom and Sister too and thank god we've got such a good relationship and still love one another for who we are....quirks and all.

You know how you get those emails about how lucky and blessed you are to have ___ many friends and if you have ___ so many more that your even moreso. Well if we each had just one best friend then that's blessing enough. I count myself as extraordinarily blessed and lucky to have so many wonderful people in my life....online friends are included. Thank you and I only hope that I can be as good a friend to each of you!

Hugs and heart,
Pen

0 comments: