Friday, December 22, 2006

I CRIED LIKE A BABY!

You guys will never believe what a fast one my sister pulled on me!!!!! Tuesday night she called and was totally stressing about what to pack, that there was not enough room in the van for the 5 loaves of homemade bread Mom was sending for us, all the gifts, the GT's, etc. So to lighten the mood I told her "Well just leave one of the kids at home?" This was followed by a short silence and then a big giggle.

Well I tried to get a hold of them Wednesday night to let them know there's a good possibility of snow Friday in our area and that if it was snowing in Smithers to spend the night there as it would be late and not good to drive through the Hazeltons and the pass from Smithers to Kitimat.

We're so excited to have them for Christmas and want them to arrive safely.

Back to the story: I leave work yesterday afternoon to get Hal for lunch. We have lunch, I drop him off and head up to visit with Laura, Adam and the boys. They decorate the tree and we're hanging out shooting the poop when my cell rings. I answer it and it's my boss Pauline, she needs me at the mall as there's a 'situation'. Now she's not been felling well so I boogied down to the mall very worried about her. I walk in to the office and ask her 'Are you okay? Do you need to go home for a bit??' She says "I'm fine, just fine, however not sure how you're going to be?" and she looks intently across the room, I turn to follow her gaze and there is........













MY SISTER, HER HUSBAND AND MY THREE NEPHEWS!!!! I dropped the bags I was holding, ran to my sister and hugged the stuffing out of her and burst into tears!!!!!! They were not due to arrive until late tonight. My heart is full with happiness and so much love for our little family. We are so very blessed and lucky to have such a loving relationship.

Not sure how often i'll be on or yourselves so MERRY CHRISTMAS and a VERY HAPPY, HEALTHY 2007 from our home to yours.

Penny and Hal

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trudi in Halifax said...

Merry Christmas!!