Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Traditions part one

A while back i'd posted about Christmas traditions and wondered what others had as a family tradition. Tonight Hal and I were pulling stuff out of a storage area and he says "Hon, when are you going to bake your shortbread?" I'd then realized here we are almost the middle of the month and it wasn't made yet.

I make a cheater version of Shortbread but it's melt in your mouth heaven!! It's 1 lb butter, 1 cup icing sugar, 1/2 cup corn starch, 3 cups flour and 1 tsp vanilla or flavour of your choice. Hal and I prefer the almond flavour. You whip the butter and flavouring, add corn starch and icing sugar, whip that. Then add in one cup at a time of flour and then drop by tsp. on a cookie sheet. 10 minutes later....voila...heaven!




My sailor man is happy and content for the time being. This is just one of our little traditions started the year Hal and I began our life together.

God Bless everyone and more traditions to come!
Pen

1 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm going to try those tomorrow!!