Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's been a long night..

and i'm worried about my puppy. Since he's come home and we've changed his food every once in awhile he's had diarrhea so we cut back the amount and he's okay. Well yesterday morning I notice he had runny poos again but chalked it up to him sneaking one of Cleo's fish oil pills. All day yesterday when he'd do his business it was soft even after adding some rice to it.

Other then that he seemed normal, full of energy and just Quade. Last night he wanted to go to bed earlier then normal and then in the middle of the night he vomited in his crate. Up I get, clean it up and put him outside to do his business.

When we come inside usually he's full of energy and just wants to play and torment Cleo and Willow, this morning he came in and just flopped over on the floor. He wouldn't drink anything either and usually he's a gulper when he gets up. He was so restless, couldn't seem to get comfortable and wanted to be on me or touching me. Usually he'll flop on the tiles in the Kitchen. By 6:30 this morning he finally seemed to settle after the occasional dry heave, fart and moan. He's now awake, been back out to do his business and his poo has firmed up a bit but he's still not thirsty and doesn't have much energy.

He's here to cuddle up again so i'm going to hang with him. Please say a little prayer that he's feeling better soon. I know he's only a dog and it's probably just a flu of sorts but with Parvo and all those other bad things out there it's a worry.

Off to snuggle with my Devil.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

It sounds like he does have a touch of something. Poor little guy!!!
Keep us updated!!!

joni said...

hey pen.. my tears are almost spillin..

thinking about my little sassy ms.molli..or your little devil quade sick.. aww...sniff... Yes i will send up a prayer for your little fellow. i have been praying for my girl..me being a new puppy owner i feel such responsibility.

Yeah they are 'only' our puppies.. but we are up with them nightly..(last night was the first time in a week i slept with only two interruptions!! and no puddles!!) and we care for their every little need...watching out for their every other moment of fun and our terror...hehe So much like my babies/toddlers. i love this little puppy. And i know your quade is your world.... sigh .. prayers being sent for you and yours.

*hug*

Sharijoy said...

Hope hes better sooooooooooon!! Will call you in the morning! I know how you feel...Alibi is still our big baby!! It kills me to see him hacking and stuff!