Thursday, July 20, 2006

Shaken and not stirred..

just a little scared!

The last week i've been having dizzy spells off and on, like vertigo. Knowing that I had an appointment with the Dr today just thought I'd ask him to check the ears today. We did the prescription refill, discussed the results of that womanly test (btw...excellent and no need to return for two years...YAY and sorry if tmi but this is an important exam to many women avoid).

Dr. asks how everything else is and thus mentioned the dizzy spells. He checked both ears and they were clear, listened to my chest and checked the glands in my neck...NADA everything was okay there. Well I went to stand up and bingo bango major dizzy spell so he had me sit down, whipped out the blood pressure cuff and cuffed me! Well it can be said his eyes gave it all away 170/100 when just two months ago it was 127/80. He wrote up a test sheet and asked that I head directly to the hospital for them. Guess i'll find out tomorrow what the scoop is. Until then he said "no salt, coffee, tea, cola, fatty food, red meat and processed food" I ate a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread, carrot sticks and a big glass of water for dinner.

Fingers crossed everyone that it's nothing serious and that I can get it under control without drugs.

xo Pen

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Forget the fingers crossed, I'll be praying for you girlfriend!!!
Things will be fine.

Sharijoy said...

yeah.bumped into Hal at the store and he told me this....not good!! it'll all be okay ....we just gotta take better care of you!! He had on his concern face. so if it P&J sandwhiches well its P&J take care and I'll say a lil prayer too!!!

Tanya said...

Prayin for a good outcome Penny. I'm sure it'll all be fine, but still praying for ya!

Tall tales said...

Everything will be just fine!
Look at all the support you have, I love it. These are great people we have around us.