Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Off to Mexico!

OMG I am so freaking excited! Jackie called the other night and promptly says "Wanna go to Mexico?" I started to laugh and she said that she was serious and for a smoking deal we could go for a week, all inclusive to Puerto Vallarta! Shout out to Jackie's friend for hooking us up!

Laura is going as is Jackie's friend and some of her family so there will be a group of us there and easier to split up and do different things if that is the case. We have to pay for Terrace to Vancouver and are hoping that a seat sale will pop up soon, if not I still have airmiles to cover it.

The resort is no frills type all inclusive but the price is right and we plan on doing a few day trips and I'm looking forward to a few days on the beach with a good book and some relaxation.

I have to say that Hal is amazing and love him to pieces. This is a girls trip and at first he was a bit put out and I understand that as I would most definitely feel the very same way but would not deny him going if it was a deal as good as this. He said the only thing I have to do is go to Yelapa and try some of the home baked pies. Told him that I'm not much for desserts but if that means I can go then I'd eat a whole pie, lol.

We leave September 1 and come home on the 8th.....6 weeks to Mexico!

5 comments:

Christy said...

So fun! Can you slip me inside your suitcase??

Sharijoy said...

How awesome is THAT!! I'll hook you up with some spanish before you go. can you say JEALOUS!!!!

SueakaNana said...

so happy to hear about your trip Penny.. and as far as riding goes. can you say its like sitting on a lazy boy chair, with the wind in your face. i take pictures, and am planning on taking a book in case there is some boring parts but am sure there won't be. but just in case, i'm so excited. all those pics on our way to rupert i took while riding on the back of the bike they turned out pretty good. so hey listen and i haven't forgotten about your pickled beets, i will get them to you i have just been kind of stuck with them working on our road ttyl and anytime you want to go for a ride let me know and Mike can come and get you even if its just for a photo shoot, and you go around Kildala i think you would enjoy it.. Hugs from sue

Laura said...

I'm so excitted, and I just can't hide it!!!!!! Man do we have good men behind us. Don't you just love them. What is the count down now.....6 weeks, 1 day!!!

Jenny said...

Ohhh...slight bit of envy!!!
I know you girls will have an awesome trip!!