Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Update on us!

Sorry it's been awhile, haven't meant to be away but aversion is a great form of denial.
**have to say right now that I vacuumed the v off my keyboard the other day and it's really tough to type words with it, lol

If Quade is a candidate for surgery we are going to go that route. It's going to be a long, tough road for a bit but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. We're waiting to hear from Saskatoon hospital to get their quote and see when he'll be old enough for surgery. It will be a cemented total hip prosthesis that involves replacement of the dysplastic acetabulum (socket)with a polyethylene cup and replacement of the femoral head and neck with a stainless steel femoral head and shaft.




Quade will be our Bionic boy! lol

I want to thank everyone for their support and for letting us know you're there. For those of you who have told us we should just put him to sleep or that we're idiots for spending what it's going to cost....You don't love him, you don't live in our shoes and ultimately it's no skin off your ass. You can either support us or keep your snide comments to yourselves and remember that this is a small town. Stuff tends to get back to those you think it won't. I'm staying focused on the positive and keeping in mind that Quade came in to our lives for a reason. Whether it's a short time, long time, challenging or easy...he's beautiful, sweet, funny and loveable. He's my boy.

Other then that Hal and I are keeping busy and staying warm in the blasted cold!! We know that when it warms up though we're in for a heckuva snow fall. We're also anxiously awaiting for our cousin Tiffany to have her baby...yay!!! She and Jim are patiently waiting for baby 'Maybee' who is now late and has a bunch of us on pins and needles.

Keeping this one short and sweet as the last few have been too long.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I hope that you hear from the Sask soon. How is Quade doing?
We'll have to get together sometime if the weather ever clears up.
Ignore those that are ignorant or not compassionate. Like you said the comments ALWAYS come back and you don't deserve negativity from people who aren't in your shoes or who don't understand the relationships people can have with their pets. I'm proud to have you as a friend. You are caring and compassionate. Quade is lucky to have you two in his life. Those bionic joints/legs/hips...contrapment will give him many years of happiness!!!
Let me know if there's anything I/we can do.
TTYL
:)

Jenny said...

^^^
the first sentence should say "the sask university"...

Jenny said...

^^^^
LOL...I guess it's a hospital, why am I thinking University??

Jenny said...

Just me...again.
Can I admit something....that will show my true airheadness...I have been thinking, "aversion...hmm that has a v in it. Pen must have gotten the v back on the keyboard!"
But...I did clue in!!LOL

SueakaNana said...

hi penny been thinking of you and hal, hal hasn't been at work the past few times to ask him, so now i know you are going to have a "bionic boy" will the parts bother him in the deep freeze of kitimat that we get every freaking year? I hope you don't think its a silly question just curious thats all. Penny I can't put your address on my blog site so visit you thru jenny or shari. How is your foot doing Penny, is it feeling better how is the cold affecting it? Hope all is well at your house I updated my blog thanks to a certain someone who gave me the nudge to do so. haha.