Thursday, September 6, 2007

Mish Mash

Lots on my mind...

I can't believe summer is basically over!! I thought July went by fast but August was a complete blur.

My new job is wonderful, i'm truly happy. Just had the three month review and they're going to be keeping me around! There are no doubts that this was the right move. My co-workers and new boss are great and it's a really nice, calm office environment. Not sure if you all know what I do but it's Accounts Payable/Receivable and Finance. There are three of us upstairs in the office and then there are the mechanics, regional manager and secretary downstairs. I'm finally feeling like i've got a grip on the job and really must have because new jobs are being handed to me regularly and it's a nice challenge.

At first the switch from part time to full time was really hard but have settled into a nice routine. However, by night i'm exhausted and don't really go online a lot. With winter coming i'm sure that will change.

You all know that after 19 months of waiting our puppy has finally arrived and he's growing so fast! The breeder is being very good about sending pictures but truthfully I wish she would send them daily but understand she's got a job and life of her own. Hal and I are looking forward to bringing him home and getting him settled. We'll be flying out at the end of the month to pick him up and hope that he's still little enough to fit into the cabin with us but the breeder said that Rio and his brother are exceptionally big for their age. Their sister is quite a bit smaller right now but i'm sure she'll catch up.

Cleo and Willow are doing very well and have NOOOOOOOO idea what is coming but i'm sure after a bit of an adjustment period they'll get along fine.....well maybe not so much Willow because half the time she doesn't like Hal and I, lol. Bitchy little cat but we love her.

I'm feeling out of sorts in regards to certain areas of my life; mainly getting more physically active. It's a vicious circle, i'm exhausted after work but know that if I would just go for a walk or to the gym right away that it would cause more energy but it's to just DO IT!! How do you get yourself motivated? I'm not sure if it's self sabotage by saying "too tired, later!" or if i'm really too tired. The other thing is healthier eating. We don't eat horribly but we also don't eat as healthy as we should. My brain knows what is a better choice but it's like there's a stubborn child inside insisting that I CAN have that. The more I don't want it the more the other part of me does....sounds nuts huh...perhaps that's my alter... you know the skinny bitch who weighs 160lbs and is hot! LMAO However, i've got an elliptical, yoga tapes, exercise ball and ZERO ambition. Someone kick me in the ass please!!!
It's not so much that I hate what I look like, although it's not that I love it, but it's the overall effect this extra weight is having on the rest of my body..how can it be healthy right?!?!.

Anyways, enough rambling for tonight and thank you all for your comments on the other topic....still rubbing my ass from Sue's boots but I will stick around. It's not that I meant to say you guys don't care....but did I care, is the blog worth the effort and it is. As i'm typing this I realize that as fun as facebook is blogging is truly therapeutic.

Hugs and good wishes to all. Miss you and see you soon.

4 comments:

paleraven50 said...

Yeahhhh you didn't do it Penny, I would have talked to you last night but i was so cold and tired I was in my bed at 9:30 till & this a.m. Ha ha i'm happy you listened to my scolding heeee. I like your new background or whatever it is called. Mish mash was good to catch up on you. how exciting to being going down to get your pup. when you are back and settled i will have to come and see him. I was busy with apples tonight did four bags for freezing, made an apple crisp and a big bowl of apple sauce, nothing like the smell of baking apples thru the house right. mmmm. we picked them off a friends tree down on skeena. i will show rita where they live and she can go visit and pick some apples next year. i am back to work, we don't have kids but lots of paper work and getting organized before they come we have interviews and IEP's to do as well i am exhausted after this week. Mike and i went to Terrace on the bike for dinner and the ride to enjoy the sun it was great well penny you don't know how you made my day by staying on here and you have a great weekend. ttyl sue

sonja said...

(((hugs)))
i am so glad you decided to stay. i was worried. if i don't get around to mailing you, i know i can pop in here and see how you are doing and when there was a possibility i was going to lose that, i freaked!
you are more important than you realize.
i am looking forward to many more musings from you.
take care,:D

Jenny said...

I echo everyone else's enthusiasm for your decision to stay here on Blogland.
Nice seeing you on Saturday. I think I might come in on Saturday. We should go for lunch.
Talk to you later!

alisonwonderland said...

i'm glad to see you back! and i'm glad that the job is going well!

i can relate so much to the physical thing - just what i was thinking about this afternoon as i did a bit of walking around at the park - but making myself do it every day is tough. i'm going to try though!