Saturday, June 10, 2006

What a week!

The weather here has been absolutely fabulous and we've been enjoying every single moment of it. Hal and I have been at the river fishing in the afternoons and evenings after work. We've caught two fish but better then getting skunked.

This week was our Kitimat Idol finale and what a hoot. The Friday night judges had been challenged by the Saturday Junior Idol judges to a side competition. They in turn challenged the Event organizers....that would be Pauline and myself!! OMG this is so not something I would do at all as I'm not a person who wants to be up in front of a group of people. However, Pauline nor myself are the type of person to back down from a challenge and we took them on.

The Friday judges performed "Wake Up Little Susie". Two of them are professional singers! The Junior Idol judges lip synched "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy" and it was hysterical. We managed to keep our song a complete secret until we took to the stage. There was a few chuckles from the audience at our costumes but once the first few notes started the crowd figured it out. Y-M-C-A! Did we have fun, fun, fun with it. The crowd and the judges got into the motions and singing along. Pauline was the construction worker and I was the cowboy. The winner was decided by audience response and, well I must say that Pauline and I KICKED MAJOR ASS!! Some part of me is thinking that it was a sympathy vote though, lol.

Congratulations to the new Kitimat Idol Jenn Rolfe and to our Kitimat Junior Idol Katherine Ocsavi! The judges had a very difficult time deciding and it was a matter of 1pt between each of the finalists.

Off to shower and sit on the back deck for abit before bed.

Sweet dreams all.
Pen

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so jealous...I'd love to lip synch with you!! Scott and I will be coming in in the next couple of weeks for some fishing! We all should hit the river together!!
I hear you have a special guest tonight!!! I am so envious!!! I'm going to Kitimat bright and early tomorrow and then hopefully we can go to the lake!! I need some girl time! TTYL

the therapeutic writer said...

Hey! I know Katharine's auntie and grandma!! Too cool.

Sounds like heaps of fun... but I want photographic evidnece of your costume :) (hee hee ha ha ha)

Sharijoy said...

Hey Pen did they tape it cuz I'd love to see the video!!!