Sunday, February 26, 2006

Random thots....

-I ate dirt and rocks as a child and tried lug nuts but guess they didn't taste to good..took it to my Grampie and told him 'Yucks for babes gumpy..yucks for babes!"
-gravel can stay in your palms and knees for a very long time
-hardly turned down a dare, thus there were numerous trips to the hospital with stitches, xrays, removal of nail and glass from feet
-remember when hanging from monkey bars to keep your legs bent at the knees UNTIL you're ready to get down
-Thinking the dog is wrestling with you and laughing cuz he's tickling your ribs is funny until you realize what he's really doing!
-Ted E Bear was my confidant as a child and now poor fella is on the top shelf in my closet
-Lord watch out for the poor soul who picked on my baby sister...that was my department
-Cat's do not particularly care for being tossed in the creek to have their swimming skills tested
-Trusting that your brother is truly looking out for your best interests as he has you hurl yourself down a gravel pit trail is not the brightest decision *had my new bike for 3 days and did that sucker ever sail over my head nicely, who cares that I had concussion, a badly scraped back and bruised all over...I could only cry for that beautiful, new purple bike and that Mom and Dad would probably take it away cuz I crashed.
-flaming marshmallows landing on your Dad's beer are not considered very funny by Dad
-Mom's have super duper hearing when you're muttering under you breath and they also have this uncanny ability to go from one end of the trailer to the other and you don't hear them...you only know it cuz they cuffed you upside the head for muttering!
-Tang crystals were considered a staple of our childhood. "No Mom, we didn't take the Tang." She gives you the "I don't believe you" look and tells you your fibbing. HOW DID SHE KNOW?!?! Wouldn't have been the orange fingers her three children had, never.
-Pets love you even if you've been a complete butt..heck just walk out the door and come back in 5 seconds and they'll act like you've been away forever and give you lotsa love and butt wiggles.
-Children laughing is the best music, watching them play and listening to them when they talk to you can be some of lifes greatest lessons.
-Friends are like rays of sunshine on a cloudy day and your umbrella on days when the storm is really bad

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing!!!! I liked the "dog tickling your ribs" tidbit. OOOH!!

Tanya said...

Hi Penny,
I too thought the "ticklin ribs" was funny, brought back a memory of our dog going after my son Rowyn, he said "AWWWW, Koby was giving me a hug!" Yah, if only!!

Sharijoy said...

Hey Penny,
Cute randoms... I liked the Ted E Bear... isn't it so sad how growing up changes some of the things we held so dear. I think you should take Ted out give him a big hug and tell him thanks for all the years of listening!!! oh yeah and give him a kiss!!