Saturday, May 31, 2008

A real holiday...did I just say that?

Holy crap, if I'd known 10 years ago that what I said tonight would have worked I'd have said it!!!!

I asked Hal where he would like to go on vacation: Mexico, Hawaii, Dominican, Europe, etc? He says "Well I don't know, would you be comfortable on the beach?"

Now before you all get hot and bothered I already jumped down his throat and ended the tirade with "WELL LOTS OF FAT PEOPLE GO TO THE BEACH!!"

Hal comments back: "Who said it's about you being fat I'm talking about the heat! Now that you've brought it up though I don't want to go to a resort and have you be self conscious either and listen to you grumble about your weight!"

SCORE ONE FOR HAL!!

He is right but I've come to realize in the last little bit that one can't put life on hold until they:

(a) Can afford it - something else will always come along so be like Nike and JUST DO IT!
(b) Are thin enough - sounds vain but yes i've put off booking a holiday because I never wanted to be fat on a beach. Chances of me getting that thin are realistically very slim and I'm not postponing life because I'm fat.
(c) Have the time - same as the money issue, if you don't make time it's not going to appear for you

Our conversation ended with me saying "I'm going away next year with or with out you. This is not debatable!"

Hal says "Of course I'm going with you!"

Sheesh, should have said that I was going with or without him long ago, lord knows how much of the world we would have seen.....may have to be more like that with other things too,lol.

Off to get caught up in blogland.
xo Pen

2 comments:

joni said...

awesome

i love this post.

Jenny said...

Those points are so true Pen!
How about Cuba? Belize?? Costa Rica??
I'd love to go to Belize.
Next year we're doing Disneyland!! The year after Scott and I are going tropical!
Can't wait to hear where you're going!!