Friday, May 16, 2008

Little bits of Penz insanity..

Hi all, (or maybe just me...not much traffic here lately, lol)
Haven't been online much as we have no internet at home for the time being but it's okay. We have more stuff to do around there then we can shake a stick at.

Fence, deck and yardwork..need anymore be said?!?! Couple of things on the go inside as well. I'm working on different areas organizing and tidying up stuff that's been driving me crazy. Tonights task is under the Kitchen sink....lots to get rid of there and to organize.

Mom and Doug are coming at the end of the month so we're pretty excited to have them come for another visit. Doug is waiting anxiously to go fishing so hopefully the river is in good condition by then.

I'm not sure how many of you believe in spirits being around or maybe it's just wishful thinking and dreaming but a few cool things have happened to me in the last couple of weeks.

Had a dream one night and in it Dad says "Ahh, Quade likes Papa's cookies too!" and he was beaming that big smile he had. My Dad was a big softie when it came to animals and when he was alive he would always have our pets sit beside him and talk to them in this soft voice and give them commands to do. This was followed by a few of Papa's cookies....Ritz crackers, lol. I took this as a message that Quade and Dad have now met and he's been feeding him some of Papa's cookies.

Saturday, May 10 I participated in the Relay for Life and walked for just over two hours. What an amazing event, next year I hope to spend more time during the day there but this year had some important stuff to do in Terrace.

Part way through my walk I had a sense of people being in my space but for some reason found that it didn't irritate the crap out of me as it normally would have. It was a feeling of someone behind me and beside me. I realized that there were no footsteps as there should have been. It was then that a feeling of warmth, love and connectedness hit. I do believe that it was our family there that night walking along side. I'm sure to some it sounds like Pen needs to be commited and have a straight jacket put on but really, truly that's what it was.

Sunday night I dreamt of Quade again but this time it didn't leave me unsettled but gave me peace. In this dream Quade came bounding over the greenest hill and came running by us and rubbed his hips against our legs and smiled that goofy puppy smile that he had. He was happy, content and he ran like the wind, no funny gait or bunny hopping. He started to run back to the hill, stopped, turned, smiled and gave a toss of his head. He then continued back up to the top of this hill. Once at the top he sat, looked at us, looked back over his shoulder as though someone was speaking to him, looked back at us and then turned and went over the crest of the hill. My boy is home, he is happy and he is loved.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great post Pen!!
I got teary eyed when reading about you feeling the footsteps with you during the relay for life!
I'm glad you have found peace with Quade. He's in a happy place right now.
I can't wait to see the pics of your office when you're done! It will look awesome!
Enjoy your long weekend!
Big hugs!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

Hello...that left me all soft too!! Very nice post and OFCOURSE I BELIEVE!! ............hugs xox
sharijoy

SueakaNana said...

hi Penny, great post, and i believe that we have spirits around us, at good times and bad.. how cool to have someone walking with you at the relay. Gee I have to blog haven't done in awhile.. you take care ok. Hugs from me.. Sue

Jenny said...

Puh-Puh-Penny....puh-leeze update your blog!!
:)